Second Amendment/Gun Rights
“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
- I will never vote for or support any bill that tries to take away our right to bear arms
- I will never support any ban on weapons or ammunition
- I fully support the Texas School Marshal program and will ask schools to either get on board with the law or require at least two armed officers per school
- I support campus carry and will be carrying once it goes into effect
- I also fully support a business to make their own decisions on allowing open carry, conceal carry or banning guns. However, any business that bans guns should be 100% finical liable for their patron’s protection.
After my house was broken into for the second time, I went and purchased a shotgun the following morning. I have had the honor of working with many law enforcement officers at the local, state and federal levels. All of them have told me, citizens need to take responsibility for their own safety.
Since I began my run for State Representative District 127, I have met many activists in the gun rights groups. Ever single one of them not only advocates for gun rights but also responsible gun ownership.